Remember that color appear brighter, sharp and more defined immediately following the procedure. As healing progresses, color will soften. You should wait to interpret final results until healing is complete. Failure to follow post-treatment instructions may cause loss of pigment, discoloration or infection.
- Apply ice packs as necessary to prevent or reduce swelling.
- For the first 2 days, clean the area with clean cotton pad with disinfectant soap and warm water.
- When the area starts to flake, leave it. Do not pick, peel or pull on the skin.
- Apply a thin coat of Aquaphor® or A & D Ointment to the area ONLY when feeling dry for 5-7 days,
- Before showering and after cleansing. Use a clean cotton swab, NO DOUBLE DIPPING!
- Avoid sweating such as from vigorous exercise for 48 hours.
- For the first 5-7 days, avoid soap or cleansing products. Pat areas only with a clean damp cotton round.
- Do not scrub or pick treated areas.
- Do not use peroxide or Neosporin on treated areas.
- Do not expose area to direct sun (wear a hat, sunscreen and glasses) or to tanning beds.
- Avoid exposing the area excessive moisture or humidity, such as: facials, swimming, whirlpools (hot tubs), saunas, steam rooms, and steamy showers
- Avoid RetinA moisturizers, glycolic acids, exfoliants
- and antiaging products at all times (not just during healing) on all micropigmented areas. These can cause pigments to fade and lighten prematurely.
- Avoid tanning beds, sun, chlorine spas and pools, soap and chemicals (including skin cleansers, makeup removers, alpha hydroxyl creams, and tooth whitening toothpaste) near the treated area until healed.
- Pigments will slowly fade over time according to one’s metabolism, skin type, sun exposure, medication, facial surgery, and smoking. Schedule maintenance visits as needed to keep it looking fresh.
Symptoms of Infection:
- Tenderness of procedure site
- Elevated body temperatures
- Purulent drainage from procedure site
If you experience symptoms of Infection, Seek Medical attention immediately. Please NOTE that some redness, swelling and tenderness is Normal.